HomeTech HomeTech Author
Title: TP Link - Reinstall / Restore to OEM factory stock firmware from OpenWRT or DD-WRT using TFTP
Author: HomeTech
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
Welcome to my blog. Today i am going to show you how to Restore or reinstall the factory stock firmware back on TP-Link WiFi router. I am u...

Welcome to my blog. Today i am going to show you how to Restore or reinstall the factory stock firmware back on TP-Link WiFi router. I am using TP-Link WR 841N v9 in this tutorial but the same method can applied for other TP-Link router as well.
I have already install OpenWRT on my TP-Link WiFi Router WR841N for some testing purpose and now want back to TP-Link default Stock firmware. The Same procedure will work from DD-WRT to TP-Link default Stock firmware.

So lets get start
The Tools and Hardware / software firmware you will need for this are
TFTP server
TP-Link stock firmware (TL-WR841N v9 in my case)
TP-Link WiFi Router (TL-WR841N v9 in my case)
Ethernet Cable (Cat 5 / 6 Cable)
PC / Laptop (Windows 7 / 8 / 10)


TP Link WR 841N v9 Flash to Factory Stock Firmware using TFTP

1. Download the Stock Firmware for your TP-Link Router from TP-Link Official Site

2. Extract the Zip file and rename bin file to wr841nv9_tp_recovery.bin

3. Change your LAN's IP Address of your PC / Laptop to 192.168.0.66

4. Launch TFTP Server and browse to folder containing bin file

5. Make sure your router is connected to LAN port of your Router to LAN port of PC / Laptop via Ethernet cable (Cat 5/6 cable)

6. Now Press and Hold the reset button on router and power on (Switch on) the Router

7. You will see the router got IP address and downloading firmware from TFTP server

8. Wait for couple of minutes to flash and reboot the router (Do not turn off your Router during this process else will brick your router)

9. Done, Now access the router from IP 192.168.0.1

Thanks for reading and watching.
Visit my YouTube Channel by clicking link below 

Please Support my YouTube Channel by liking and subscribing
I spend more time on my YouTube Channel so all comments are replied 101% there
Comments and suggestions are welcome to improve the tutorial and help other
Share Happiness

Note: Try at your risk

Here is the complete video tutorial

Advertisement

Post a Comment

 
Top