HomeTech HomeTech Author
Title: MikroTik Router - Setup and Configure PPPOE server #4
Author: HomeTech
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
PPPOE Server (Point to Point Protocol Over Ethernet) is used by ISP and cable network operator to provide internet service to their subscrib...
PPPOE Server (Point to Point Protocol Over Ethernet) is used by ISP and cable network operator to provide internet service to their subscriber. MikroTik routerOS has multiple services that can be configured for NAT and internet sharing. So let see how to setup PPPOE Server on a MikroTik Router
I assume that you have already configured MikroTik LAN/ WAN / DNS IP address.

  1. Login to your MikroTik Router using winbox
  2. Goto IP -> IP Pool 
  3. Click + Enter 
    • Name of IP Pool (PPPOE-IP-Pool1 in my case), 
    • Addresses (172.16.5.0/24 in my case) any private class ip range and 
    • Click OK
  4. Now Click PPP and then PPPOE Server tab
  5. Click + and then 
    • Enter Service Name (PPPOE-Service in my case)
    • Select interface from dropdown list (ether2 in my case) 
    • Click OK
  6. Now Click on Profile tab then Click +
    • On General tab
      1. Ente Name (1Mbps-profile1 in my case)
      2. Local address as PPPOE-IP-Pool1
      3. Remote address as PPPOE-IP-Pool1
    • Then click on Limits tab and enter 
      1. Rate Limit (rx/tx) (512k/1M in my case) Upload / Download Limit
      2. Click OK
  7. Now Click on Secret tab and then click +
    1. Enter Name (ppp1 in my case)
    2. Enter Password (ppp1 in my case)
    3. Select Service as pppoe
    4. Select Profile (1Mbps-profile1 in my case)
    5. Click OK
  8. Add and NAT Rule in Firewall for IP Pool 
Now time to test your PPPOE Server
Login your Windows Machine (Windows XP in my case) and create a PPPOE Dialup connection
Enter the username and password created in MikroTik (ppp1/ppp1) and connect
It will connect to your MikroTik PPPOE Server and now can access internet via PPPOE service 

Thanks for reading and watching.
Visit my YouTube Channel by clicking link below
 

Please Support my YouTube Channel by liking and subscribing
I spend more time on my YouTube Channel so all comments are replied 101% there
Comments and suggestions are welcome to improve the tutorial and help other

Share Happiness

See the video for Complete details


Advertisement

Post a Comment

 
Top